Configuring A Subdomain (cPanel) - www works, subdomain on it's own doesn't

I've created a sub domain on my website using cPanel at test.mydomain.com, and this created a folder in my main 'www' directory called test.
In this folder is a folder called cgi-bin, and it seems to redirect the page to say "It works!", but when I upload my own index.html file to the test directory it keeps showing http://test.mydomain.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi instead of the index file. If I go to www.test.mydomain.com then it works OK.
How do I host my content at the sub domain? It's my first time setting one up so I'm a bit lost.

ANSWER:

In the test directory, ensure there's no redirect under .htaccess or an index file.
For example, in the root of my webdir my index.html was this:
<html><head><META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0;URL=/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi"></head><body></body></html>
So removing that would fix it for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Forget to comment