Search query from Google Webmaster Tools isn't found in my SERP

I write a blog at blogger.com. I am using Google Webmaster Tools on my blog.
In my Webmaster tool dashboard, I can see that a particular search query has an average position of 5. See the attached screenshot below for reference:
Webmaster Tools-> Search Traffic-> Search Queries
However, when I search the exact search query in Google, I don't see my blog in the results (at least not in the first 4 pages).
Can anyone explain this to me? Or am I misinterpreting the Webmaster Tools data?


ANSWER:

The data from Google Webmaster Tools is misleading and notoriously inaccurate at best.
Take it with a pinch of salt.
Also bear in mind, this is the average position over the specified duration rather than a categoric "this is where you rank for this keyword".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Forget to comment